Erma's Angel

Dear all

Sharing Erma's angel for us to reflects that Life is just....."How U Want To Live Life! as we closed this chapter of year 2005.....!

* Erma's Angel
Written By Erma Bombeck At Her Learning Of Her Terminal Cancer.

I would have talked less
and listened more.

I would have invited friends over to
dinner even if the carpet was
stained and the sofa faded.

I would have eaten the popcorn in
the Good living room and worried
much less about the dirt when someone
wanted to light a fire in the fireplace.

I would have taken time to listen to my
Grandfather ramble about his youth.

I would never have insisted the car
windows be rolled up on a summer day
because my hair had just been
teased and sprayed.

I would have burned the pink candle
sculpted like a rose before it
melted in storage.

I would have sat on the lawn with
my children and not worried
about grass stains.

I would have cried and laughed less
while watching television and
more while watching life.

I would have gone to bed when I was
sick instead of pretending the earth
would go into a holding pattern if I
weren't there for the day.

I would never have bought anything
just because it was practical, wouldn't
show soil or was guaranteed to
last a lifetime.

Instead of wishing away nine months of
pregnancy. I'd have cherished every
moment realizing that the wonderment
growing inside me was the only chance
in life to assist G0D in a miracle.

When my kids kissed me impetuously,
I would never have said,
Later. Now go get washed up for dinner.

There would have been more
I Love You's
and more
I'm Sorry's
but mostly, given another shot at life,
I would seize every minute,
look at it and really see it,
live it,
and never give it back.

This entry was posted in . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply