Meaning of 'sunsetyears'

We call life's older years the "sunset years." But are they really that rosy? For some, they are. But for many others, even Christians, the sunset years may become clouded with bitterness or despair. People have been asking me WHY? I called 'sunsetyears' for my blog, well is a fact isn't it!

To minimize this, we must make it our goal early in life to get the right focus. What kind of old lady will I be, given the chance? The answer to that question depends largely on the kind of person I am right now."

As I have observed contented older people, I've learned that it is our focus more than our feelings that determines the sort of people we are.

The saying goes "Old age ain't for sissies!". Then, as always, my groans gave way to praise for God's goodness. A focus of gratitude, begun early in life, parted the clouds and let the sun shine through.

If so, you'll grow sweeter as you grow older.

We can be young in heart and mind,
To others we can yet be kind,
Sing songs of praise to God through tears,
And grow in grace through all our years.

Psalm 90:12 - Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom.

What you will be tomorrow depends on the choices you make today.

This entry was posted in . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply