Father's Day



Today we had a Father's Day blessing dinner at Su's place. She prepared us spaggetti and roast beef with a lovely salad and cheese cake. We toast champagne to her dad which makes his day. (oops forgotten to bring my cam for pics - sigh!)

The image of the dad, giving his child the standing "O" is embedded in his mind. Like many of you, I have been blessed to have a dad who has given me standing ovations throughout my entire life. For everything from my first job, to my first home, to my first kid, my Dad has been there for me cheering me on. For that, I am truly grateful which lingers in my heart even my dad has gone home with the Lord.

At this time of year it is a privilege to return the applause to every dad and give each a standing ovation as well. 'HAPPY FATHER'S DAY'

My first thought was that "God could be sitting in that chair." He is leaping to His feet and giving applause and encouragement. He is "Emmanuel, God with us" (Matthew 1:23). He is with us when we wake up, He is with us when we sleep, and He is with us when other people are not. He delights over you, He rejoices in you, and He wants to spend eternity with you. And for all who have accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, we can all look forward to receiving the ultimate standing "O" from our Heavenly Father when we get to Heaven and He says, "Well done, thou good and faithful servant."

This entry was posted in . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply