Honoring God :)

Yesterday we had a very interesting sermon about honoring God! One of the church member voiced out that we have to honor our parents too! I strongly agreed with him as without them we are not here today!

Even God's first commandment said "Honor your parents and you will have long life" I would like to quote from the scripture on Proverbs 23:22 - "Listen to your father who begot you, And do not despite your mother when she is old".
Even God's unfailing love in Isaiah 46:4 "Even to your old age, I am He,
And even to gray hairs I will carry you!
I have made, and I will bear;
Even I will carry, and will deliver you"

Im sure you have heard that many children DO NOT honor their parents nowadays after bringing them up, they became independent and capable, they decided to move out. It sadden me that the more we have to reflect on ourselves that one day we too will become a parent and grow old and what will happen if this 'blow' will be on yourself.

I often dislike how 'eulogy' was being read after a person's death, why not said when the person is still alive or on occasion like mother's day or father's day. To me is more meaningful as the receiver heard for themselves not until they died.

We are God's children and in Matthew 19:14 - "Let the little children come to Me".... These are things the Lord honor. Therefore we too loved our children to be near us.

In Proverbs 22:6 - "Train up a child in the way he should go, And when he is old he will depart from it"

So start reflecting on this post if you think is right to honor your parents!

This entry was posted in . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply